Registration for Senior Travel is currently open for the Senior Travel teams (Legion, Legion II, and Junior Legion).
The Registration "Senior Travel" is not currently available.
Policy 1, to be enacted January 1st, 2020
When registering for Senior Travel, it is under the assumption you are committing to whichever team you are placed upon. If after tryouts have taken place and teams have been posted, any player wishing to remove their name from a team, that player shall be prohibited from trying out for SENIOR TRAVEL the following season. Special circumstances such as work scheduling conflicts, injury/illness, etc. that prevent a player from honoring a spot on their respective team will be reviewed by the senior travel coaches and PWYBA executive committee. No removal of a players name due to taking a spot on a club baseball roster will be reviewed and is subject to penalty laid forth by this policy.
Policy 2, to be enacted September 1st, 2020
To promote the growth of legion baseball, the following policy will go into effect September 1st 2020: Any player, who after completing their 10th AND 11th grade school year did not play on ANY PWYBA sponsored team during the summer, that player shall not be permitted to tryout for SENIOR TRAVEL within PWYBA for their 12th grade summer year. Special circumstances such as moving into the district, injury, taking a year off, etc. will be reviewed by the senior travel coaches and PWYBA executive committee. Players that participated in club baseball in both summers after completing their 10th AND 11th grade school year will not be reviewed and is subject to penalty laid forth by this policy.
2020 tryout dates and location for the senior level travel will take place on Sunday April 19th at Parkers Lake, with a make-up/further evaluation date scheduled for Sunday April 26th at Parkers Lake. After the registration window closes there will be further instructions from Senior Travel Director Maris Blanchard.
Below are some details:
For 2020 we will field a Legion, Legion II and Junior Legion team. The goal is to make all three teams extremely competitive while ensuring great development at all levels.
|LEGION 1||LEGION 2||JR LEGION|
|Age Requirement:||16-19 Years Old||16-19 Years Old||16 Years Old|
|Players Per Team:||14-18||12-15||12-15|
|League Games:||10 - 16||10 - 16||10 - 16|
|Initial Tryout Date:||4/19/19||4/19/19||4/19/19|
|Coach||Maris Blanchard||Marshall Dalziel||Rob Schneider|
Legion & Jr. Legion - Must live in the school district or attend school in the district
Welcome to the 2020 Wayzata Senior Travel Baseball season. Plymouth Wayzata will support teams at the Legion 1, Legion 2 and Junior Legion levels. Wayzata baseball across the board in Travel, High School and at the Legion levels has enjoyed a great run of success on and off the field. In recent years, Legion players have enjoyed a state championship, a runner up in state, and three championship victories in the prestigious 96 team Gopher Classic. We look forward to continuing a strong tradition of Wayzata baseball at the Legion/Junior Legion levels.
All teams will once again be led by high-quality, experienced baseball minded coaches with different backgrounds and affiliations.
Legion I: Head Coach Maris Blanchard
- Wayzata High School baseball player (Captain 2011) and graduate.
- Collegiate baseball player at Southwest Minnesota State University and Bethany Lutheran College.
- PWYBA clinic instructor from 2008 - present.
- Assistant Wayzata Junior Legion coach (2013), Wayzata Senior Babe head coach (2014), Wayzata Head Junior legion coach (2015 -2017). 2017 Wayzata High School Sophomore Assistant Coach.
- Current Head Coach - Wayzata High School Freshman A team
Legion II: Marshall Dalziel
Junior Legion: Head Coach Rob Schneider
- University of North Dakota (1983 - 1986 First Base and Shortstop) - Captain, Team MVP and leading hitter in senior season.
- Grand Forks Elks amateur baseball (1984 -85 Pitcher, Shortstop and First Base) and Minneapolis Angels amateur baseball club (1986 - 2003 First Base and Third Base).
- Three Minnesota Class A titles, twice named to the all state tournament teams.
- Pine Tar Academy (2011 - present) - owner and instructor - responsible for all operations including evaluations, team formation, hiring coaches, scheduling and building camps and clinics. 27 of Pine Tar Academy's athletes have continued their academic and playing careers in college.
- PWYBA head and assistant coach at the AA and AAA levels including leading the 2013 AAA team to the MBT State championship.
- PWYBA instructor and/or tryout evaluator (2011 - present).
- Head coach EGF VFW baseball team (15/16 year olds) for two seasons leading the team a district championship and state tournament.
Burnsville: June 19th - 21st
Fargo: June 26th - 28th
Delano: July 1st - 4th
Gopher Classic (Maple Grove Site): July 10th - 14th
Fargo: June 26th - 28th
Do you have questions about tryouts, commitments, team formation, schedules or anything else? Please contact us so we can answer your questions!
Senior Travel Director