League Commissioner: Jon Ginther -(612) 644-0563 - email@example.com
3/27/18 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. are the evaluations for this league.
The 8/9th Grade League is for kids in 8/9th grade during the 2016/2017 academic school year. Teams will be formed by an evaluation process and coaches will draft players to create balanced teams.
A typical week will include 1 practice and 2 games. Optional practices/games could be scheduled on Saturday or Sunday.
While each coach has discretion, most practices will be 60-90 minutes and games will be 2 hours.
There may be end of season tournaments at this level as in years past.
Teams will be formed based on player evaluations. The goal is to create a competitive balance among the teams in the league. Evaluations will take place on March 27th, 2018 between 5:30 and 7:30 pm at the CMS Dome.
Evaluations would include the following:
Evaluations will be conducted by the 8/9th grade coaches who have registered for the upcoming season and possibly other PWYBA coaches. After the evaluation process has been completed, head coaches will be assigned and teams formed based on the player ratings provided during evaluations.
No "play with" requests can be guaranteed, but will be honored to the greatest extent possible.
· Registration closes the middle of February
· Teams will be formed late March/early April. Coaches will contact families once the teams are assigned.
· Practices start April 16, 2018, weather permitting
· Games tentatively scheduled to start the first weekend in May
· Season ending tournament is TBD. Official start/end date will be updated in May if a tournament is held.
Please volunteer to be a head coach or an assistant coach via your registration form, onsite registration or go to www.pwyba.com. Call league commissioner with questions.