|Legion 1||Legion 2||Jr Legion|
|Brennan Albert||Joe Badalucco||Nathan Brennan|
|Blake Ask||Brayden Bengston||Ryan Burnett|
|Adam Castle||Brandan Brolin||Shane Colson|
|Ian Colson||Jarrett DesLauriers||Luke Deselich|
|Delaney Dahl||Connor Fletcher||Davis Grismer|
|Charles Engdahl||Nick Foster||Jacob Hoogenakker|
|Paul Girard||Aaron Gosch||Caleb Hupp|
|Thomas Grochala||Blake Gulden||Chris Jacobs|
|Josh Gullickson||Jerric Jiang||Mark Little|
|Nick Kaye||Nick Kallerup||Nicholas Pearson|
|Nick Krienke||Mike Karazeris||Matthew Pietrzak|
|Turner MacIntosh||Ben Leuthner||Casey Stowe|
|Max McAthie||Carter Perteet||Cole Swisher|
|Keegan Nickel||Sam Peterson|
|Sam Westermeyer||Cullen Stamp|
|Matthew Bohlke (PO)|
|Peyton Gallagher (PO)|
|David Oberg (Manager)|
Registration for Senior Travel is now open. Please click on the "register" link below to register to tryout for the Senior Travel Teams (Legion, Legion II, and Junior Legion).
DUE TO THE INCLEMENT WEATHER, tryouts for the senior level travel teams has been changed and will now take place on Sunday April 29th. The rain make up date, if needed, will be Sunday May 13th. Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors and eligible first year college players will tryout from 7:30 - 10:45 AM. The new location of tryouts is now: Minnetonka High School (Veterans Field) 18301 MN-7, Minnetonka, MN 55345
Below are some details:
Welcome to the 2018 Wayzata Senior Travel Baseball season. Plymouth Wayzata will support teams at the Legion 1, Legion 2 and Junior Legion levels. Wayzata baseball across the board in Travel, High School and at the Legion levels has enjoyed a great run of success on and off the field. The past two years, Legion players have enjoyed a State Championship and victory in the prestigious Gopher Classic. We look forward to continuing a strong tradition of Wayzata baseball at the Legion/Junior Legion levels.
All teams will once again be led by high-quality, experienced baseball minded coaches with different backgrounds and affiliations.
Legion I: Head Coach Maris Blanchard
- Wayzata High School baseball player (Captain 2011) and graduate.
- Collegiate baseball player at Southwest Minnesota State University and Bethany Lutheran College.
- College degree in business administration - sports management with a minor in coaching.
- PWYBA clinic instructor from 2008 - present.
- Assistant Wayzata Junior Legion coach (2013), Wayzata Senior Babe head coach (2014), Wayzata Head Junior legion coach (2015 -2017). Wayzata High School Sophomore Assistant Coach
- Head Coach - Wayzata High School Freshman A team
Legion II: Head Coach Anders Dzurak
- Baseball player at Minnetonka High School and subsequently St. Olaf College.
- Played summer baseball with the Duluth Huskies and the Green Bay Bullfrogs. Currently plays for the Minnesota Millers.
- Legion baseball coach with the Excelsior Legion team (2012 -2014), STiKS Academy and Wayzata Legion (2016).
- Collegiate coaching experience at MaCalester College, Milwaukee School of Engineering and currently at St. Olaf College.
Junior Legion: Head Coach Rob Schneider
- University of North Dakota (1983 - 1986 First Base and Shortstop) - Captain, Team MVP and leading hitter in senior season.
- Grand Forks Elks amateur baseball (1984 -85 Pitcher, Shortstop and First Base) and Minneapolis Angels amateur baseball club (1986 - 2003 First Base and Third Base).
- Three Minnesota Class A titles, twice named to the all state tournament teams.
- Pine Tar Academy (2011 - present) - owner and instructor - responsible for all operations including evaluations, team formation, hiring coaches, scheduling and building camps and clinics. 27 of Pine Tar Academy's athletes have continued their academic and playing careers in college.
- PWYBA head and assistant coach at the AA and AAA levels including leading the 2013 AAA team to the MBT State championship.
- PWYBA instructor and/or tryout evaluator (2011 - present).
- Head coach EGF VFW baseball team (15/16 year olds) for two seasons leading the team a district championship and state tournament.
For 2018 we will field a Legion, Legion II and Junior Legion team. The goal is to make all three teams extremely competitive while ensuring great development at all levels.
|LEGION 1||LEGION 2||JR LEGION|
|Age Requirement:||16-19 Years Old||16-19 Years Old||16 Years Old|
|Players Per Team:||12-16||12-15||12-15|
|League Games:||10 - 16||10 - 16||10 - 16|
|Initial Tryout Date:||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Coach||Maris Blanchard||Anders Dzurak||Rob Schneider|
Legion & Jr. Legion - Must live in the school district or attend school in the district
Eagan June 6-8
Saint Louis Park June 15th - 17th
Mankato June 29 - July 1
Richfield July 6 - 8
Apple Valley June 1st - 3rd
Waconia June 15th - 17th
New Ulm June 29th - July 1st
Eagan July 6th - 8th
Do you have questions about tryouts, commitments, team formation, schedules or anything else? Please contact us so we can answer your questions!
Senior Travel Director