Registration for Senior Travel is currently open to tryout for the Senior Travel teams (Legion, Legion II, and Junior Legion).
2019 tryout dates and location for the senior level travel will take place on Sunday April 28th at Parkers Lake, with a make-up/further evaluation date scheduled for Sunday May 4th at Parkers Lake. After the registration window closes there will be further instructions from Senior Travel Director Maris Blanchard.
Below are some details:
Welcome to the 2019 Wayzata Senior Travel Baseball season. Plymouth Wayzata will support teams at the Legion 1, Legion 2 and Junior Legion levels. Wayzata baseball across the board in Travel, High School and at the Legion levels has enjoyed a great run of success on and off the field. The past three years, Legion players have enjoyed a State Championship, a runner up in State, and two championship victories in the prestigious 96 team Gopher Classic. We look forward to continuing a strong tradition of Wayzata baseball at the Legion/Junior Legion levels.
All teams will once again be led by high-quality, experienced baseball minded coaches with different backgrounds and affiliations.
Legion I: Head Coach Maris Blanchard
- Wayzata High School baseball player (Captain 2011) and graduate.
- Collegiate baseball player at Southwest Minnesota State University and Bethany Lutheran College.
- PWYBA clinic instructor from 2008 - present.
- Assistant Wayzata Junior Legion coach (2013), Wayzata Senior Babe head coach (2014), Wayzata Head Junior legion coach (2015 -2017). 2017 Wayzata High School Sophomore Assistant Coach.
- Current Head Coach - Wayzata High School Freshman A team
Legion II: Marshall Dalziel
Junior Legion: Head Coach Rob Schneider
- University of North Dakota (1983 - 1986 First Base and Shortstop) - Captain, Team MVP and leading hitter in senior season.
- Grand Forks Elks amateur baseball (1984 -85 Pitcher, Shortstop and First Base) and Minneapolis Angels amateur baseball club (1986 - 2003 First Base and Third Base).
- Three Minnesota Class A titles, twice named to the all state tournament teams.
- Pine Tar Academy (2011 - present) - owner and instructor - responsible for all operations including evaluations, team formation, hiring coaches, scheduling and building camps and clinics. 27 of Pine Tar Academy's athletes have continued their academic and playing careers in college.
- PWYBA head and assistant coach at the AA and AAA levels including leading the 2013 AAA team to the MBT State championship.
- PWYBA instructor and/or tryout evaluator (2011 - present).
- Head coach EGF VFW baseball team (15/16 year olds) for two seasons leading the team a district championship and state tournament.
For 2019 we will field a Legion, Legion II and Junior Legion team. The goal is to make all three teams extremely competitive while ensuring great development at all levels.
|LEGION 1||LEGION 2||JR LEGION|
|Age Requirement:||16-19 Years Old||16-19 Years Old||16 Years Old|
|Players Per Team:||14-18||12-15||12-15|
|League Games:||10 - 16||10 - 16||10 - 16|
|Initial Tryout Date:||4/28/19||4/28/19||4/28/19|
|Coach||Maris Blanchard||Marshall Dalziel||Rob Schneider|
Legion & Jr. Legion - Must live in the school district or attend school in the district
Burnsville: June 21st - 23rd
Rochester: June 28th - 30th
Delano: July 3rd - 6th
Gopher Classic (Maple Grove Site): July 12th - 16th
St Louis Park: June 14th - 16th
St Cloud: June 21st - 23rd
Mankato: June 28th - 30th
Waconia: June 21st - 23rd
New Ulm: June 28th - 30th
Do you have questions about tryouts, commitments, team formation, schedules or anything else? Please contact us so we can answer your questions!
Senior Travel Director